Khandvi is very light and rich in taste food from the traditional recipe of Gujarat.Ideal for breakfast or a light snack. how to make Gujarati khandvi recipe in Indian cuisine.
- besan (Chick-pea flour)-1/2 cup (60 gm)
- khatta dahi (sour yogurt)-1/2 cup (60 gm)
- cup water-1 1/2 cups (375 ml)
- ginger paste-1/2 tsp
- green chilli paste-1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- salt or to taste-1 tsp
- hing (asofoetida)-1/8 tsp
- haldi (turmeric)-1/8 tsp
- For tempering:
- oil-2 tsp
- sarson (mustard seeds)-1/2 tsp
- sabut lal mirch (dried whole red pepper)-2 pcs
- kadhi patta (curry leaves)-4-5 pcs
- hara dhania (coriander leaves) chopped fine-1 Tbsp
- grated coconut-1/4 cup
- Take the flour in a deep, heavy-based pan (the pan should be the large and heavy bottom, as there is a lot of flare-ups while cooking).
- Now add ginger-chilli paste, salt, hing and haldi, chili powder and mix well. Now put the yogurt, a little at a time, now make a smooth paste without any lumps and then add the water.
- Then high the flame and place the pan over heat, and bring to a boil and to avoid scorching stir often.
- Keep stir and cook till you reach a paste-like consistency, increase or decrease the heat according to your ability to avoid burn.
- When it is cooked enough, with the help of a spatula spread the mixture onto a non-greased surface, spread the layer as thin as possible and leave to cool.
- Now heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustered seeds, curry leafs and dry red chilians stir a few times and then add this over the layer and spread well. Now add 1 tablespoon of the coriander and 1 tablespoon of the grated coconut over it, and separate the Lal Mirch and keep aside.
- Then, cut it into small strips and make a roll without braking.
- Serve with sweet chutney and spicy chutney.