Kerala Style Mutton Curry:
Kerala Style Mutton Curry is spicy mutton gravy prepared in traditional Kerala Cuisine with coconut.
It is very tasty and can be matching with either roti or rice.
Check out this step by step for gravy recipe to make this delicious Mutton Curry in Kerala Style.
Tips To Make Best Mutton Curry:
Use mutton that is fresh and pink in colour to make the curries.
Use the mutton from the back leg and with less fat to make the curry.
If you are using cold mutton, make sure to melt it and bring it to room temp before adding it to the curry.
Burn the mutton well before adding up any type of souring means like yogurt, tamarind etc.
It will help out to stay the mutton pieces juicy and soft.
Ingredients Mutton Curry Recipe:
- To roast and grind
- 5-6 Kashmiri Red Chilies
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3-4 Cloves
- 4-5 Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
To Pressure Cook
- 500 g Mutton
- 1 tsp Ginger Chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cup Shallots Chopped
- 1-2 Green Chili Slit into half
- 1 cup Water
For the curry
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger Grated
- 6-8 cloves Garlic Smashed
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coconut Sliced
- 1/4 cup Tomato Chopped
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
Instructions Mutton Curry:
- For roasting the ingredients
- Roast the ingredients listed under roast and grind.
- Cool and grind to make a smooth powder.
To pressure cook
- Add all the ingredients in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook until mutton is cooked.
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and let the pressure release.
- To make the curry, heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add curry leaves and onion and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut, ground Masala, and tomato and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then, Add Kashmiri red chili powder, cooked mutton along with the liquid and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes on low heat.
- Serve Kerala Style Mutton Curry with rice or parotta.
Watch Video Click here – How to Make Mutton Curry Recipe in Kerala style.