Paal Payasam Recipe is a very famous and delicious dessert of Kerala. It is mandatorily prepared on the day of Onam. A must try and tasty dessert.
- Rice – 50 gm
- Milk – 1 litre
- Condensed milk – 1 cup (optional)
- Cardamom powder – 5 gm
- Sugar -100 gm
- Ghee – 50 ml
- Cashew nuts – 50 gm
- Raisins -25 gm (dry grapes)
Paal Payasam Recipe Procedure:
- Wash and soak the broken or full rice for 1/2 an hour in water.
- In a pan cook the rice in milk and condensed milk. Cook till it becomes soft.
- To this add cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- In a separate pan heat ghee and add the cashew nuts.
- Roast them till golden brown, take them off.
- Now add the raisins and fry it.
- Once the rice and milk mixture turns thick turn off the flames.
- Pour the nuts and the raisins into it.
- You can serve it hot or chill it tastes heavenly.