Skip to content
Kerala Mambazha Pradhaman Recipe | Desserts | Indian Cuisine
- 3 big – Sweet Ripe Mangoes
- 2 cups – Mango Pulp
- 3 or 4 big cubes – Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp – Dried ginger powder (Chukku podi)
- 3/4 to 1 tsp Cardamom powder (Elakka Podi)
- 2 cups – Thin Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup- Thick Coconut Milk
- 15 Cashews
- Raisins – A handful
- 3 to 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Water
Kerala Mambazha Pradhaman Recipe Preparation Method
- Mangoes should be cut into dice.
- Take a pan and add water and jaggery to make a thick syrup.
- Take another pan and heat 2 tbsp ghee and saute the mango pieces until it changes colour.
- Mash mango once it gets cooked.
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Now add the mango pulp to the pan and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- To this add the jaggery syrup, keep on stirring until it turns thick.
- Once it starts thickening, reduce heat and add thin coconut milk to the pan, stirring continuously.
- At this stage add dried ginger powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook in simmer for 5-7 minutes and then add thick coconut milk slowly. Cook for few more munites and remove from stove top.
- Make sure you do not boil it.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry the raisins and cashews for a few minutes and pour it over the pradhaman.