2. 2 No.s – Grated coconut
3. Salt to taste
4. 400 ml – Water (also can add coconut milk along with the water)
Puttu Recipe Procedure:
1. In a bowl, mix rice powder, salt and water to a course mixture. Mix well so that they do not form lumps. Keep in mind that this need to be a coarse mixture.
2. In a steamer, pour little water and allow water to steam. Fill in the mixture layered with grated coconut into puttu-mould. Fill it till the top of the mould and cover with the lid.
3. Now place this mould on top of the simmering water steamer .
4. Carefully detach the mould, now push the cylindrical rice cake with a stick called Puttu Kol in Malayalam.
You can always serve this hot with any curry like chicken, fish, vegitable, gram gravy.