- Finely minced mutton – 1kg
- Mustard oil – 3 ladle.
- Salt to taste
- Mirch powder (red pepper powder) – 2 table spoons
- Saunf powder (fennel powder) – 2 table spoons.
- Saunth powder (ginger powder) – ½ table spoon.
- Garam masala (condiments) – 1 tea spoon .
- Black cardamom seeds – 2 table spoons.
- Zeera (cumin) – 1 table spoon.
- Hing (asafetida) – ½ tea spoon.
- Tej patte (bay leaves) – 2.
- Desi ghee (pure ghee) – 1 table spoon.
- Coriander or mint to garnish.
Matschgand Recipe Procedure:
1. In a bowl put minced mutton and add salt, Mirch powder, saunf powder, a pinch of saunth powder, one ladle mustard oil and two spoons of black cardamom seeds.
2. Mix all these nicely. Make mutton balls like the size of a medium lemon.
3. Heat a pan and add two ladles of oil. To this add zeera, hing, and half crushed laung and stir.
4. Now, it’s time to add Kashmiri Mirch, put about 50ml water and stir continuously to avoid the burning of Mirchi.
5. Heat it till water dries up.
6. Now add half glass of water, saunth, saunf, bay leaves, salt and boil it.
7. Gently put all the mutton balls one by one into the pan and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
8. Now, add garam masala and ghee. Mix gently and cook for another one minute.
Serve Matschgand Recipe with rice, roti, etc. it will taste great!