Kashmiri Khatte Baingan Recipe is typically a Kashmiri dish. You can have it with rice, roti. The colour of the dish is enhanced by the Kashmiri chillies.
- Mustard oil – 3 Tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cumin seeds (zeera) – 1 Tbsp
- Green cardamom (elaichi) – 5
- Kashmiri red chillies – 1 Tbsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi) – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 Tbsp
- Sliced onion – 1 Tbsp
- Brinjals – 5
- Sliced tomato – 1
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Lime – 1/2
- Salt to taste
How to Make Kashmiri Khatte Baingan Recipe:
- In a deep pan, add mustard oil, cinnamon, cumin seeds, green cardamoms, kashmiri red chilies, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and a little salt. Add a little water and mix them thoroughly.
- To this add dry ginger powder and combine them together.
- Now, add sliced onion and brinjals. Fry them all together and stir occasionally.
- Cook them for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Add a little water and sliced tomatoes, fennel seeds. Let the tomatoes cook well.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves and lime.
- Serve the Kashmiri khatte baingan hot with rice or roti.