Pateesa Recipe Ingredients:
- besan – 100 grams
- maida – 100 grams
- Sugar – 200 grams
- ghee – 250 millilitre
- Cardamom powder
- vinegar / glucose syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Take a wide mouth pan with has thick bottom and heat ghee in it
- To this add maida and besan.
- Fry till fragrant and colour changes. Keep stirring. Cool to room temperature.
- Take a saucepan and add water and sugar bringing it to boil. Do not caramelize it.
- To this add vinegar to avoid crystallization.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes till single thread consistency.
- Grease a pan and place it in another pan with water.
- In this water cooled pan add syrup and stir quickly. Syrup will start turning into the semi-solid ball.
- Now add this syrup ball in besan and flour mixture.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well while stretching the ball.
- Once it is mixed transfer this syrup flour ball to the working surface.
- Using hand and then rolling pin keep stretching and compressing the dough. Do this while it is still hot.
- Spread on the surface with rolling pin and then put nuts over the surface.
- Let it cool. Make horizontal and vertical lines using a knife on the surface.
Pateesa Dessert Food Recipe forms flakes and is very delicious sweet to serve.