The Kancha Aam Chatni is a summer cooler special Bengali delicacy. Chutney meant as condiments to rest of the world but to a Bengali, it is ‘Chatni’. And Bengali chatni has to be sweet, little sour; sometimes with a dash of hot spices.
- 1 large Raw mango
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ½ tbsp Ginger pounded
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- 2 cups Water
- Whole Spices
- 1-2 Dry Red Chili
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds, black
- Ground Spices
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- And ½ tsp Red Chili
- 1 tbsp Bhaja Masala
Kancha Aam Chatni Process:
- Wash, remove the seed and clean mango and pat it dry, and chop it well.
- Now add some salt and red chili powder on mango and mix and coat well.
- Now in a pan heat oil in a wok and add whole spices for tampering.
- Add-in marinated mango and sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Now toss in ginger, turmeric and stir well.
- After this add some water and bring it to boil. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-12 mins or until mango is cooked.
- Once mango is cooked, add sugar and boil it to desired consistency.
- Sprinkle roasted masala in it and switch off the flame.
- Bring chutney to room temperature or refrigerate it and serve after a meal.