Japanese Cheese Cake is a lovely Dessert Food Recipe that is very famous around the world for its fluffiness. It looks very easy to make but have to be quick in making the egg foam and folding gently is a trick. Do not get disappointed if your first attempt fails. keep trying as this is one of the most loved International Recipe cakes.
- cream cheese, at room temperature – 7 ounces
- whole milk – 1⁄4cup
- superfine sugar (caster sugar) – 1⁄2cup
- 3eggs separated
- cornstarch (don’t use flour) – 1⁄4cup
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- cream of tartar – 1⁄2teaspoon
- boiling water – 2 1⁄2cups
FOR THE GLAZING
- jam (Apricot or Strawberry) – 2tablespoons
- water – 1⁄2tablespoon
Japanese Cheese Cake Procedure:
- At the outset preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the 9-inch cake tin with cooking.
- Take a deep mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with milk to soften.
- To this add half of the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice, beat until smooth.
- Now, take another deep bowl and beat only egg whites to form foamy.
- To this gradually add remaining sugar and cream of tartar, to the egg whites, beating on high speed until soft. Do it for about 8-10 minutes.
- Now, slowly fold beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- After it is done, pour into cake pan and smooth the surface.
- Now, place this cake pan into a larger roasting pan
- Pour sufficient water into the roasting pan to come halfway up.
- Bake 35-40 minutes
- Prick inside a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then it is baked.
- You can eat like this, or you can put jam on top of it.
Make the delicious Japanese Cheese Cake at home this weekend and let us know how it has come out.