Rajasthan Gatte ka Pulao Recipe:
This dish is made during the festivals.
It is a very delicious Veg Recipes of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan beeing a dry place and vegetables are not available throughout the year
cooked gattas are added to spice up this pulao.
For The Gattas
besan (bengal gram flour) – 1/2 cup
chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
fennel seeds (saunf) – 1/2 tsp
carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/4 tsp
curds (dahi) – 1/2 tbsp
oil – 3 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
For The Pulao
oil – 1 tbsp
cardamom (elaichi) – 1
cloves (laung / lavang) – 2
cumin seeds (jeera) – 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) – 1/2 tsp
asafoetida (hing) – 1/4 tsp
deep-fried sliced onions – 1/2 cup
chilli powder – 1 tsp
turmeric powder (haldi) – 1/4 tsp
garam masala – 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
To Be Blended Into A Smooth Paste , (using 1 Tbsp Of Water)
garlic (lehsun) cloves – 4
roughly chopped green chillies – 2
piece ginger (adrak) – 50 mm
sliced onions – 1/2 cup
For The Garnish
finely chopped coriander (dhania) – 2 tbsp
Gatte Ka Pulao Recipe Method
For the gattas
- Take a deep bowl and add all the ingredients for the gattas. Knead all this into a stiff dough using 2 tbsp of water.
- The dough has to be devided into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 200 mm thin cylindrical roll/ strips.
- Then cut this into 10 to 12 equal pieces and keep aside.
- Take a non stick pan and boil plenty of water in it. Cook the gattas in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Now take another deep non-stick kadhai and heat oil in it and deep-fry the gatta pieces.
- Let it turn light brown in colour
How to proceed
- Take a deep nonstick pan and heat the oil, to this add the cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté. Let the flame be in medium. Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked rice, deep-fried onions, deep-fried gattas, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, do not forget to stir but gentky and occassionally.
Serve Gatte ka Pulao Recipe with a cup of thick curd. This will certainly excite you at every bite.