Best Homemade Vegetarian Gravy:
This is a really simple homemade vegetarian gravy recipe.
But it’s super appetizing and helps to pull collectively all the special dishes on your plate into a suitable Christmas dinner.
It starts just like a lot of other food recipes, with sautéed onions and garlic.
I added some mushrooms too, for extra savor.
Ingredients for gravy recipe:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 6 mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter or dairy-free spread
- Then, 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1/3 tbsp Marmite or Vegemite
- 650 ml warm water – 3 cups
- 1 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- Black pepper
Instructions for Vegetarian Gravy:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the carefully diced onion, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Fry over a medium-low heat for minimum 5 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Shove the vegetables to the outside of the pan, and put in the butter to the middle.
- Let it melt, then add the flour, and mix to combine.
- Include the Marmite, and mix healthy, incorporating the vegetables back into the recipe.
- Add the warm water, honey, sage, and plenty of black pepper.
- Mix well, and bring to a seethe.
- Cook for at least 5 minutes or however extended it takes to make your desired consistency.
In this below table mention the nutrition facts for the vegetarian gravy recipe:
Homemade Vegetarian Gravy –Nutrition Facts
|Total Fat||4 g||Potassium||0 mg|
|Saturated||3 g||Total Carbs||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||0 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||2 g|