Parappu Keerai Masiyal Recipe is very simple but extremely traditional Indian cuisine recipes of Tamil Nadu. It is always healthy to add leafy vegetable in your daily diet. Try this and be healthy Food Recipes. It is one kind of Indian vegetarian food recipes.
- Toor Dal (Arhar Whole) – 1/2 cup
- Red Amaranth Leaves, chopped – 2 cups
- Onion, chopped – 1
- cloves Garlic, crushed -3
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal -1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) -1/4 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli -1
- Fresh coconut, grated – 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- sprig Curry leaves – 1
- Cooking oil
Parappu Keerai Masiyal Recipe Procedure:
- Take a pressure cooker and cook the toor dal with 2 cups of water and turmeric powders and salt.
- Let it cook for 2 whistles and keep it aside to release the pressure naturally.
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it. To this add mustard seeds and urad dal and allow it splutter for few seconds.
- Now, add chopped curry leaves and dry red chillies. Let it leave it to crackle, add garlic and saute until it softens.
- As you are done with this, add onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add chopped red amaranth leaves and sprinkle enough salt and saute till the leaves wilt.
- Add cooked dal and grated coconut and stir well and check for salt
- Paruppu Keerai Masiyal Recipe can be served along with rasam, steamed rice and add ghee top of it, this will taste awesome.