This Healthy low fat pizza could be just what you were waiting from a long time. Just as mouth-wateringly delicious as any other pizza , but with less than half the usual calories you would get at any restaurants.While the whole wheat pizza base gives you a fibre boost, the use of appropriate veggies like zucchini and coloured capsicum retains the authentic feel at a low calorie count.
- For the base: 1 Thin-crust whole wheat / multi-grain pizza base
- For the tomato-garlic sauce:
- Tomatoes-1 nos
- Red chillies-3 to 4 nos
- Garlic cloves-5 nos
- Gingelly oil/ sesame oil-1/2 tsp
- Salt for taste
- Water as required
- For topping: 10gm feta cheese [Optional]Topings of your choice
- 40gm broccoli
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 olives
- 20gm sliced zucchini
- 20gm spinach
- 20gm yellow bellpepper
- 20gm red bell pepper
- 20 gm capsicum
Grind the tomato, chopped garlic cloves, red chillies adding salt and enough water. Do not grind it too watery.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan till it’s smoking point.
- When the oil starts to smoke, simmer the flame and add the ground paste.
- Mix well and switch off the flame. Let the sauce be in the hot oil for some time.
- The color of chutney will change and it will thicken slightly.
- Once it cools down, apply on the pizza base.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into the center of the pizza and use the back of a spoon to spread it out to within one inch of edges.
- Spread your toppings bell pepper, broccoli, etc
Grate the cheese on top.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till the base is evenly browned.
- Top with some basil leaves. Slice and serve hot.