- Green Bengal Gram 3 cups
- Yogurt to taste
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Onion 1 large
- Asafoetida 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chillies 2-3
- Garlic paste 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt 1 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Hara Dhania Cholia Veg Recipe Method:
1.In a pressure cooker cook hara cholia with 3 cups of water half teaspoon salt for 20-25 minutes (2-3 whistles).2. Drain all the water and keep it aside. Now, heat oil in a deep non-stick pan.
3. To this add asafoetida and cumin seeds to the pan. Sauté these till the seeds splutter.
4. Now, add onion to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Now, add green chillies, garlic- ginger paste and sauté till fragrant.
5. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix well. And close the lid and cook for few munites. Now, add yogurt, cholia and salt to taste and mix well.
5. Add ¼ cup water and garam masala powder and mix. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Serve Hara Dhania Cholia veg recipe hot with chapathi or ghee rice.