Kashmiri Style Gushtaba Recipe is a traditional Kashmiri cuisine. This dish has an authentic flavors of rich Kashmiri cuisine. Mutton pieces are pound and mixed along with cardamom pods and ginger to make Gushtaba.
Ingredients for Gushtaba Recipe :
For the meat mince
- Mutton Kheema – 300 grams
- Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger , chopped – 1 inch
For the Curry
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Bay leaf (tej patta) – 1
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini) – 1 inch
- Cloves (Laung) – 3
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeera) seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dry ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) -1/2 teaspoon
- Salt , to taste
- Ghee , for cooking
How to make Kashmiri Style Gushtaba Recipe
- Take a mixer and add keema, cardamom powder and ginger and give it a blitz to make it a fine mix.
- Shape the kheema mix according to your needs.
- Take a kadai with ghee and heat it. To this add all the whole spices (Bay leaf, cumin seeds, Cinnamon Sticks, cloves and fennel seeds) Let it to sizzle.
- Keeping the flame low, add whisked curd into the kadai.
- Now add turmeric powder, dry ginger powder and salt, mix well.
- You can add milk as well and give it a stir.
- Give a boil and now slowly drop in the kheema balls into it.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes.
- Let the meatballs soak in all the flavors and become juicy.Serve the Kashmiri Style Gushtaba Recipe along with Roti, Poori, Naan, Phulka or even with the Ghee rice this will taste heavenly.To know more about Kashmiri Cuisines and Other Indian Cuisines or even the International Cuisine login to Masterchefu.