Gur Poli Recipe:
Gur Poli is the best sweet Gujarati frailty prepared with Jaggery, wheat flour, and Maida.
It is one of the mouth-melting recipes of Punjabi cuisine and is particularly loved by the kids.
Ingredients of Gur Poli:
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Jaggery shredded
- Then, 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2-1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Salt to taste
How to make Gur Poli:
- Cook the poppy and sesame seeds for a modest bit of time.
- Mince together to a coarse powder.
- Melt the ghee and Jaggery in a pot and keep to the side.
- Separate both the flours in a big bowl and mix up well.
- Include seeds powder, salt, sugar, Jaggery, ghee and cardamom powder.
- Merge all the ingredients very well with the flours.
- Massage the dough with warm water, cover and keep to the side for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Separate the dough into small equal balls and roll out each into slight roundel.
- Roll out with your hand and decant into the hot oil to low fry.
- Mix fries the gur-poli on average temperature until turns into nice golden color from both the sides.
- You can cook it on hot tawa by using the little bit of oil just like you cook Indian chapatti.
- Enjoy the hot gur-poli as it is or with the highly spiced chutney.
- This gur-polis can be served cold as healthy. Still, they are tremendous.
- You can accumulate them for few days in air firm pot.