Handvo Veg Recipes is a traditional Gujarati savory cake. It can be eaten as breakfast, snack.
- Bottle gourd – 1 medium
- Coriander chopped – 3 Tbsp
- Green chillies finely chopped – 3-4
- Buttermilk – 3 cups
- Soda bi-carb – 3 tsp
- Each urad and channa dal – 1 tsp
- Each cumin and mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4-5 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
For grinding together:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Yellow moong dal – 1 cup
Handvo Veg Recipes Procedure:
- In a large vessel take butter milk in a large vessel.
- To this add salt, soda and flour, mix well.
- Rest it for about 6-7 hours.
- Grate bottle gourd and squeeze out excess water from it.
- To Then add gourd, coriander and green chillies.
- In a pan heat oil and add urad, channa dals, and seeds.
- Let the seeds splutter. To this, pour half in the batter and mix it thoroughly.
- Now, pour it in a greased oven proof deep container.
- On this, pour remaining seasoning on top.
- Place this in a preheated oven at 280oC for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, reduce to 200 C or 180 C for 40 minutes.
- Check if it’s completely baked.
- Cut accordingly and serve