- maida / all purpose flour – 2 cups
- ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch
- grated / chopped fresh coconut – 2 tbsp
- green chillies, finely chopped – 2
- curry leaves – 10
- curd / yogurt – 1 cup
- baking soda – ½ tsp
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Goli Baje Recipe Procedure:
- At the outset take a deep mixing bowl, add finely chopped chilli, curry leaves, ginger, coriander leaves and also grated coconut and a pinch of hing.
- To this add 1 cup of curd, salt and baking soda. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now, add maida and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Make sure has to be elastic as well in dropping consistency.
- Rest this batter for about 2-3 hours.
- Now, take a deep frying pan, add oil to deep fry.
- Drop the batter into the oil in lemon size.
- Fry till golden brown in low flame.
Serve it with coconut chutney and a cup of tea.