Godumai Appam Food Recipe is one of the most traditional and authentic cuisines that Tamil Nadu prepares. It tastes awesome.
- Wheat flour (atta) (1 cup)
- Rice flour (chawal ka atta) (1 tbsp)
- Jaggery (gud) (3/4 cup)
- Banana (kela), mashed (1)
- Coconut (khobra), finely chopped (2 tsp)
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder (1/2 tsp)
- Clarified butter (ghee) (for deep-frying)
Godumai Appam Food Recipe Method:
- Take a deep pan keep half-cup water over low flame and add jaggery.
- Let jaggery start boiling, switch off the flame.
- Strain the syrup and set it aside.
- In a deep mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, rice flour, wheat flour and mix well with your hands to make a fine paste
- Now, pour the jaggery syrup and using a hand whisk
- Rest the batter for 15–20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and spoon the batter into the hot oil
- Deep-fry the appams over low flame
- The piping hot and delectable appams are ready to be served.
Serve it with a cup of tea