Ghevar rabri Recipe:
The king of sweets, Ghevar rabri deserves to be synonymous with sweets.
It is heavenly, exotic and scrumptious all at the same time.
Savour it with cold rabri for an ‘out of the world’ feeling.
No occasion is complete without indulging in this sinfully tasty sweet.
- For Batter:
- 1.5 cups – Maida
- 2 tbsp – Ghee
- 1 tsp- Saffron strands
- 1/4 cup – Milk (room temperature)
- Warm Water (for making the thin batter)
- Oil for frying
- Sugar Syrup:
- 1.5 cup – Sugar
- 1 cup – Water
- Kesari Rabdi:
- 3 cups – Whole Milk
- 1 cup – Sweetened condensed Milk
- 1/2tsp – Cardamom powder
- 8-10 – Crushed pistachios, Almonds
- 1tsp – Saffron strands.
How to Make Mini Ghevar topped with Kesar Rabri:
- Whip the milk and ghee together for a few minutes.
- Add the maida and mix well. Gradually add the water and mix it to get a thin batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a round, deep, flat bottomed vessel on a high flame. Now take the batter in a ladle and pour in the middle of the vessel in a thin stream from a height of 1 foot.
- After pouring a whole ladle of batter, stop for a few seconds and start pouring a small ladle of batter.
- Make a space in the center of the frying ghevar with a skewer once the batter gets settled.
- Let the ghevar get fried on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Take the ghevar out of the oil carefully with a skewer and keep over a paper towel to remove the excess of oil.
- Make a one string consistency sugar syrup with the sugar and water and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, in another vessel, boil the milk and cook on a low flame until the milk gets reduced to half of the quantity.
- Now add the saffron strands, cardamom powder, and crushed nuts and mix well.
- Now add the condensed milk and let it boil.
- Remove from stove once the milk thickens, keep aside.
- While serving, spoon the sugar syrup over the crispy ghevar and tilt the plate to remove the sugar syrup. Top it with the rabdi and nuts and serve it immediately.