Gatte Ki Sabji Recipe:
Gatte Ki Sabji recipe is a usual recipe from Rajasthan cuisine.
These steamed gram-flour dumplings are suitable for eating in highly spiced gravy.
This mouth-watering recipe will match any meal.
Enjoy Gatte Ki Sabji with roti or plain rice.
The gravy recipe is also vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 2 cups besan (gram flour)
- 4 Tbsp oil (canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp asafetida
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 bay leaves (tejpat)
- 2 dry red chilies
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp salt
- Then, 1 Tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
Gatte Ki Sabji Method:
- Mix up all the ingredients for the collection and make stiff bread, using water as required. You will require on 1/3 cup of water. Press the bread well; let it take a break for 10 minutes. Separate the dough into 8 parts and revolve them in calendar about the half inch thick.
- Carry on 4 cups of water to boil in a pan on medium-high warm. Kindly drop the Gatte logs in boiling water. After it comes to boil, cover the pan and decrease the heat to medium-low, and cooks them plaster for about 12-15 minutes gate should be floating on the top and will have bubbles all around.
- Get them out from water and save the water, this will be used for making gravy. Let them cool for few minutes and slash them in concerning half-inch-thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add fennel seeds, asafetida, red chilies stir and add Gattes, stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes until they are light golden brown.
- Add yelp leaves, chili powder, turmeric, and coriander powder, and salt, stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Put in the water we saved, and Kasuri Methi boils for concerning 10 minutes over low medium warm, sheltered. This is the time add more water to adjust the thickness of the gravy. As Gatte Ki Sabji will cool off it gravy will become thick.
- Twists sour the heat and add mango powder, and garam masala, Gatte Ki Sabji is prepared to serve.