Healthy Gajar Methi ki Sabzi recipe of carrot and fenugreek veggies from Haryana.
- methi ( 1 bunch, fenugreek leaves)
- carrots (½ pound/ 250 gms)
- cumin seeds (1 tsp )
- asafoetida (2-3 pinch)
- green chilies,(1-2 finely chopped)
- ginger,(1 tsp finely chopped)
- salt(1 tsp )
- red chili powder (¼ tsp )
- coriander powder (1½ tsp )
- dry mango powder (½ tsp )
- garam masala (¼ tsp )
- vegetable oil (1½ tbsp )
Gajar methi ki sabzi Process:
- Separate the thick stems of methi(fenugreek) leaves. Wash well the leaves under running water and leave them in the strainer for 4-5 minutes to remove excess water.
- After that chop, the methi (fenugreek) leaves.
- Peel the outer skin, wash, and chop the carrots.
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat. Add jeera (cumin) seeds; when seeds crackle add 2 pinches of heeng (asafoetida).
- Now add chopped green chilies and grated ginger. Fry for a few seconds.
- Now add chopped methi (fenugreek)leaves. Fry for a 2 -3 minutes.
- Now take those chopped/diced carrots and add them safely. Mix these ingredients well and fry for a minute with methi (fenugreek)leaves.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well. Now cover the pan with a lid and cook until carrots become tender. (takes around 5 minutes).
- Now put amchoor powder and garam masala. Mix them well and fry for 2-3minutes. Turn the heat off.
- the dish is ready to serve hot with paratha.