Skip to content
November 4, 2017
French-style chicken with peas and bacon | International Recipe
- Rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped – 6
- boneless chicken thighs – skinless, 8
- Garlic cloves, thinly sliced – 2
- Spring onions, roughly chopped – 1 bunch
- Hot chicken stock – 300ml
- Frozen peas – 250g
- Gem lettuce, roughly shredded – 1 Little
- Crème fraîche – 2 tbsp
French-style chicken with peas and bacon Method :
- Take a large frying pan in this add bacon and fry over a medium heat for 3 mins. Let it release fat and the bacon is golden.
- Let the fat be in the pan but transfer the bacon to a small bowl. To this add the chicken, and brown it for 4 mins each side.
- Let the chicken be in the pan but push them to one side of the pan.
- Now add garlic and spring onions, cook it for about 30 secs, just until the spring onion stalks are bright green.
- To this pour in the chicken stock, return the bacon to the pan, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Now, increase the heat under the pan. Tip the peas and lettuce into the sauce. Let it cook for 4 mins, covered until the peas are tender.
- Check whether the chicken is cooked. Stir in the crème fraîche just before serving.This will make French-style chicken with peas and bacon an ultimate International Recipe.