‘Recheado’ is Portuguese word which means ‘stuffed’. It’s the simple recipe of pomfret infused with a tangy spicy fish recheado paste and fried with onions till golden brown and crisp.goan recheado masala recipe by Indian cuisine.
- Salt to taste
- red chillies
- green cardamoms
- cumin seeds
- black pepper corns
- chopped onion
- Toddy Vinegar
Fish recheado Process
- Take little bit water mix it with toddy vinegar and put cinnamon, green cardamoms, cumin seeds, red chilies, cloves, black pepper corns, ginger and soak it for 12 hours. Then grind into smooth paste.
- Saute onions in 1 teaspoon of oil on low flame till brown.
- Now add one tablespoon of sugar. Then add the chopped and sauteed onions to the prepared paste. Now the reacheado paste is ready.
- Wash and clean and cut fish will then stuff it with recheado paste.
- Now sprinkle some salt and lime juice.
- Now keep it inside the refrigerate below 5 degrees centigrade for about 1 hour.
- Then take a small amount of oil about 1 teaspoon and shallow fry fish for 7-8 minutes both sides.
- Your fish recheado is ready. Serve hot.
- You can garnish it with a piece of lime and Julienne cucumber, carrot etc.