You can make tons of dishes with eggplants. The Indian recipe below is about caramelized and tender eggplant, served with stewed lentils with light and creamy tahini sauce and crunchy nuts, It’s a perfect veg recipes for dinner and lunch was dinner and lunch and it is It’s extremely good.
- For the Lentils:
- 2 tablespoon of (30ml) extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks (approx 170g)
- Then 2 small stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices (approx 115g)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (approx 225g)
- 6 medium cloves garlic, Julian’s
- 12 ounces (340g) brown lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups homemade vegetable stock or water
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- For the Eggplant:
- 2 large eggplants,
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil/vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary
For the Lentils: Bring the oven rack to center position and preheat to 450°F to roast eggplant. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add vegetables to cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, and salt for 4 minutes. To Add garlic and cook, until you get the fragrance. In an Add lentils, bay leaves, stock, and salt. Bring to a simmer, cover with the lid, cook until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove lid, stir in vinegar, and reduce until lentils are moist. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover, and keep warm until ready to serve.
For the Eggplant: While lentils cook, cut each in half. Transfer the eggplant to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, cut side up, and brush some oil to each egg plant. Add some salt and pepper. Place a rosemary sprig on top of each one optional. Transfer to oven and roast until completely tender for 25 to 35 minutes. Take it out from oven and discard rosemary if you added them.
To Serve: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and pine nuts in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Cook, tossing nuts frequently, until golden brown and aromatic, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to halt cooking. Stir half of parsley and rosemary into lentils and transfer to a serving platter. Arrange eggplant halves on top. Spread a few tablespoons of tahini sauce over each eggplant half and sprinkle with pine nuts. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and rosemary, drizzle with additional olive oil, and serve.