This dil khushal is a typical Rajasthani Desert, available all across the India. But the origin of this sweet is Rajasthan. Here is the recipe for the sweet Dil Khushal.
- coarsely ground besan (Bengal gram flour,2 cups )
- ghee (1 cup )
- grated mava (khoya,1 cup/150 grams)
- cardamom powder (elaichi,1 tsp )
For The Sugar Syrup
- sugar, 1 1/2 cups (300 grams)
- water 1 cup
- milk 2 tbsp
- Chopped Almond and Pistas
Dil khushal Process
- Take the gram flour in a bowl.
- In a pan Heat the ghee and add half of it to the gram flour.
- Mix the ghee into the gram flour till the mixture become like bread crumbs.
- Put the remaining hot ghee in a pan, put the gram flour mixture and cook till the mixture turns golden brown, stir continuously.
- Now add the grated khoya and cardamom powder and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Take this away from the heat and keep aside to cool.
For the sugar syrup
- Add enough sugar with water in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes, let it boil.
- Add 2 tablespoon of milk to the boiling sugar syrup.
- Now the impurities will from a gray layer. Take out this layer gently using a slotted spoon.
- Keep it on boil till the syrup is of 1 string consistency and keep it hot.
How to proceed
- Now add the hot sugar syrup over the cooked gram flour mixture and mix well.
- Now pour into a greased surfaced thali.
- Add some chopped almonds and Pistas on top and allow to set for at least 5 hours.
- Cut into pieces of your choice.
- Serve and Enjoy.