Dharwad Peda is a Karnataka sweet. It is made up of cardamom seeds, milk, ghee, sugar etc. It is very popular in Dharwad (Karnataka).
- 2 litre milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 5-6 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ tablespoon cardamom powder
Instruction to make Dharwad Peda
- Take milk in bottom pot and boil.
- When milk is boiled, add lemon juice and stir milk.
- Immediately milk begins to curdle. Turn off the flame.
- Now allow it to set for 2 minutes.
- Wrap the cheesecloth around itself in order to squeeze out moisture from the milk.
- Rinse paneer with running water. Cut it into cube shape.
- Paneer is preapred.
Take a prepared paneer in a pan and break into small pieces. On a low flame saute paneer till the moisture is lost.
Now, add ghee and roast the paneer to golden brown.
Then add sugar and tablespoon milk. mix well. Keep sauteing till the sugar melts and mixture turns brown.
Now cool the mixture completely and transfer to a blender. Blend to a fine powder.
Take the blended mixture in a pan and add 2 tablespoon of milk. Continue to saute until the mixture turns dark golden brown.
Now add cardamom powder and mix well and let it cool completely.
Then make a shape of your choice to peda. Roll peda in powder sugar coating uniformly.
Dharwad peda is ready to serve.