Dal Pinni Recipe is a dessert of Haryana and Punjab. It tastes delicious. You can serve it on any occasion. Kids will certainly love this dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups- Split black gram skinless
- 3/4 cup -Khoya/mawa grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons -Semolina (rawa/suji)
- 1/2 teaspoon – Whole wheat flour (atta)
- Gram flour (besan) 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 3/4 cup – Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon – Green cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons -Chocolate powder
- Almonds or any nuts for garnishing
Dal Pinni Recipe Method
1.Take a bowl and soak urad dal overnight. The next day, drain the water and grind do not add water. Now take a thick pan and heat ghee in it. To this add semolina, wheat flour, gram flour and mix and keep stirring.
2. To this now add urad dal and mix well and sauté for 15-20 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring continuously till the mixture turns brown.
3.Add sugar, khoya and cook well and yes keep stirring so that it does not stick to the pan. Now, add green cardamom powder and mix.
4.Turn off the heat, and slowly add chocolate powder and mix well.
5.Shape the mixture, with the help of two spoons, into a pinni.
6.Garnish with almonds or any nuts and serve.