This dal makhani recipe absolute favorite can be cooked to perfection at home. Urad dal with the flavors of butter, kasoori methi, chillies and tomatoes.
- sabut urad dal – 2 cups
- ginger – 1 Tbsp (finely sliced)
- butter – 2 Tbsp
- oil – 1 Tbsp
- shahi jeera – 2 tsp
- kasoori meethi – 1 tsp
- tomato puree – 2 cups
- chilli powder – 1 tsp
- sugar – 1 tsp
- cream – 1.5 cups
- Coriander leaves ( for garnishing)
- water – 8 cups
- salt to taste
Dal Makhani Recipe Procedure:
- In a cooker, add daal, water, 1 Tbs, salt and ginger. Cook daal till it becomes tender.
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy based pan. In that add shahi jeera and kasoori methi. When they begin to splutter, salt, chilli powder, add tomato puree, and sugar.
- On a high flame keep stirring and frying till the oil separates.
- Now, add cooked daal. Let the mixture boil. The consistency should not be too thick or too thin, be such that the daal should move around freely when stirred. Add a little water accordingly.
- Let everything gets blended. Leave to simmer and uncovered.
- Pour in some cream and once it gets heated through, serve immediately.
- Garnished the Punjabi dish with coriander leaves and some cream.