Dahi Bhalle Recipe:
Dahi Bhalle chaat is one of the most stimulating street foods in Punjabi Cuisine.
Deep-fried urad dal dumplings served dredged in ice-cold sweet yogurt and yummy chutneys.
A good pinch of freshly roasted cumin powder just before serving is a must for that healthy taste!
Find out how to prepare Dahi Bhalla recipe.
- 1 cup urad duli dal (split black gram)
- Pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 chopped green chilly
- Little chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped kaju
- 1 tsp kishmish
- Then, 1 small tsp grated coconut
- Salt to taste
For the Dahi:
- 2 cups thick yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- Taste of sugar
- 1 tsp dry roasted jeera powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 2 tbs Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Few pomegranate seeds (possible)
How to make Punjabi Dahi Bhalle with yogurt:
- Soak the dal for 2 hrs in water and keep to the side.
- Take out more water and add all the ingredients of the Bhalle apart from oil and grind it into a mixture.
- Mix up all the filling ingredients in a basin.
- In a kadai heat oil for frying.
- Now take a tablespoon of the mixture on your palm and then flatten it out.
- Put some filling in the center.
- Now with the help of water close the sides of the mixture on the hand. It should look like a half moon.
- Put them in the hot oil and fry them till golden crispy.
- At this time wash them in some water for ½ hour.
- Batter the yogurt and add milk and sugar to it.
- Softly squeeze water from the Bhalle and put them in half the firmed yogurt blend.
- Now in a serving plate lay out the Dahi and Bhalla and then tip some beaten Dahi on them.
- Add some jeera powder and black salt powder and some sweet tamarind chutney.
- Garnish Dahi Bhalle recipe with pomegranate seeds and serve without delay.