Crispy Potato Topped with Peanut Curd Chutney, Vrat, Upvas is a typical Gujarati Cuisine. This is simple but delicious food to the taste buds.
- 15 boiled thick potato slices
- oil for deep-frying
cumin seeds (jeera) powder for sprinkling
For The Peanut Curd Chutney
- raw peanuts – 1/4 cup
- roughly chopped ginger (adrak) – 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp roughly chopped green chilies – 1/4 tsp
- a pinch of sugar
- rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
- curds (dahi) – 3 tbsp
Crispy Potato Topped with Peanut Curd Chutney Method
- In a mixer blend causing peanuts, ginger, green chillies, sugar and rock salt.
- After it is done take off the mixture into a deep bowl add the curds.
For the peanut curd chutney
- Deep-fry potato slices, till they turn golden brown.
- On each deep-fried potato slice place a small scoop of peanut-curd chutney.
- Sprinkle little cumin seeds powder over it.
- Serve immediately.