Creamy Lemon -Pepper Orzo and grill chicken make a great combination. Very easy and simple International recipe dish but tastes yummy!!
Greek yogurt and cheese give an excellent satisfying creaminess to the dish. Green peas, fresh herbs will enhance the taste. Get your fork ready to gulp in the whole dish.
- extra-virgin olive oil –
Creamy Lemon Directions:
- Boil a pot of water; at the same time keep a grill or grill pan ready in a medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk garlic, lemon juice, the yogurt, 2 teaspoons of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper all together until they are combined well.
- To the chicken thighs apply the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper has to be sprinkled. Grill the chicken nicely till it is marked and cooked thoroughly for about 10 to 12 minutes each side. when it is done place them on a cutting board and rest them for at least 5 minutes.
- Into the boiling water add the orzo and cook according to the package instructions. Put in the peas during the last minute of cooking and keep stirring. Drain the water from orzo and peas(reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid). Into the yogurt mixture put the orzo and peas, along with 3 tablespoons of the herbs, the cheese, and at least 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid mix well till everything combines well.
- Dish out into a platter. Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the orzo.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining herbs and the lemon zest.