Coconut Burfi Recipe is a popular Indian sweet with grated coconut. This sweet is prepared during the festivals, special occasions. This sweet will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- coconut – 4 cups(desiccated)
- sugar syrup – 4 cup
- Khoya – 2 Tbsp
- Almonds, – 1 Tbsp (blanched and shredded)
- Pistachio – 1 Tbsp (blanched and shredded)
For the sugar syrup:
- In a pan add sugar and water.
- Heat the mixture and keep stirring continuously to avoid caramelization of sugar.
- Put off the flame once sugar dissolves and it becomes nice and thick.
For the coconut burfi recipe:
- In a thick bottomed pan, mix the coconut and the sugar syrup and cook thoroughly.
- It should be roasted till it acquires a halwa like consistency.
- Now, add the pistachio and almonds.
- Grease a tray with the ghee and spread the coconut batter on it. With the help of a knife, smoothen the edges of the batter
- Cut into burfi shapes when it is warm.
- Serve when it cools down.