This chickpea burgers recipe is very famous among vegetarian. It’s tasty, healthy, delicious international recipe with a goodness of chickpea.
- sabudana(1/3 cup)
- olive oil (1/4 cup , divided)
- chopped onion (2 cups)
- cremini mushrooms (1 cup chopped )
- chopped garlic (1 tbsp )
- chili powder (1 1/2 tsp )
- dried oregano (1 tsp)
- canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- toasted walnuts (1/2 cup, cut into pieces)
- ground flax seed (1/4 cup , also called flax meal)
- Worcestershire sauce (1 tbsp)
- salt (2 tsp )
- black pepper (1/2 tsp )
Chickpea Burgers Process:
- Take a small pot of water to a boil over high flame. Add sabudana and cook for 8 to 10 min until tender. Drain in a sieve. Keep sieve over the empty pot. Cover the small pot with a kitchen towel and let it steam for 5 min more or until sabudana become dry and fluffy.
- Now heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium flame. Add onions and fry for 5 min or until it changes the color. Turn flame to high, add chopped mushrooms and fry for 4 min or until browned. Now one by one add garlic, chili powder, and oregano; fry 1 min longer and after that remove from heat.
- Griend chickpeas and walnuts in the grinder until coarsely ground. Add sabudana, onion mixture, Worcestershire, flax, salt, and pepper.Mix it well. Divide mixture into portions and make into patties shape it with your palm, about ¾-inch thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium flame, fry burgers for 2 min each side or until browned.
- Serve and enjoy.