Chicken Chettinad Recipe is a popular dish in South India. Chettinad place at Tamil Nadu and it is said that this dish originated from this place. In most of the South, Indian restaurant menus will have Chicken Chettinad. Chettinad is known for its delicacies. Chettinadu dishes have become very famous.
- chicken – 500 gm
- oil – 75 ml
- onions – 150 gm
- tomatoes – 100 gm
- cinnamon sticks – 2 gm
- cloves – 2 gm
- cardamoms – 2 gm
- cumin – 5 gm
- curry leaves
- turmeric powder – 10 gm
- coriander leaves
- Lemon slice (garnish)
- onions – 100 gm
- ginger – 50 gm
- garlic – 50 gm
- fennel seeds – 50 gm
- cumin seeds – 20 gm
- peppercorns – 25 gm
- red chillies – 10 gm
- coconut – 100 gm
Chicken Chettinad Recipe Process:
- Grind all the ingredients listed under paste into fine paste.
- Clean and cut the chicken pieces and marinate with the paste.
- Heat oil and add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds and Saute.
- Add the chopped onions and the curry leaves. Saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add marinated chicken and turmeric powder. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour some water at intervals.
- Add salt to taste. Cook the dish by covering it with a lid. Add more chilli or pepper if required.
- Once cooked, garnish with coriander leaves and a slice of lemon.
Can have along with anything that you wish.