Chemeen Pollichathu Prawns Fry is a unique and very delicious authentic flavour of Malabari seafood. Prawns are very tender and juicy to eat. The coconut oil is the main twist to the dish!! Try and let us know how it tasted!!
- Prawns – 6 -8
- Chilli powder
- Turmeric powder
- Lime juice (all of the above, as desired)
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Slit green chillies – 2
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped onion – 1/2
- Uncut shallots – 10
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped tomato – 1/2
- Fish stock – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
How to Make Chemeen Pollichathu Prawns Fry:
- In an bowl, marinate prawns with chilli powder, turmeric, salt & lime juice. Keep this mixture for 10 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil. Saute the marinated prawns for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Keep it aside once done.
For the main preparation:
- Take another pan and heat a little oil and crackle mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- To this add curry leaves. Mix gently and add rest of the ingredients and fish stock.
- Saute till onions and shallots turn brown.
- Now add prawns, salt and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- You need to remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cook till the gravy reduces to a semi dry consistency. Cook in very low flame till the prawns turn dark brown.
- Finally, adding coconut milk. Cook for less than a minute.
The recipe will taste best with rice!
- Serve Chemeen Pollichathu with roti or chapathi or appam or rice.