Cheese naan is a famous Indian bread, that is traditionally baked in a tandoor oven. Some people think that it cannot be made without a tandoor, but that’s not true. The heat of the traditional Indian tandoor cooking style can be replicated with this recipe!
- Refined flour – 2 cups (about 250 grams)
- Mozzarella cheese -about 100 grams
- Green coriander -finely chopped
- Baking soda
- Salt to taste
Cheese Naan Process
- Take refined flour in any vessel. Make a small bowl type in the center and add curd, sugar, baking soda, salt, oil and mix the all these things well. Now add lukewarm water, knead a soft and smooth dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 2 to 4 hours.
- For stuffing grate the cheese and add some coriander sprigs into it.
- Once the dough is done with resting period, knead it again till smooth.
- Divide the dough into four to five equal parts. Lift one dough lumps and roll in round shape. Mix this dough ball in some dry flour and place it on rolling late. Roll it round in 3 to 4 inch. Add 2 to 3 tsp stuffing over it and lift the rolled naan from all sides, closing the stuffing. Sprinkle some dry flour on the stuffed dough ball and flatten with your fingers gently. Now use the rolling pin to roll it out in an oval shape, keeping it little thick.
- For making naan in the oven, take a baking tray and grease it with some ghee. Place the rolled naan in a baking tray and apply little water on the top. Sprinkle some kalonji or cumin seeds over it.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C. Place the tray on the upper rack and roast the naan for 5 minutes on 250 degrees C. Check the naan at intervals.
- After 5 minutes, take out the naan from oven and check. Naan is roast from the top but uncooked from beneath. Flip the sides and cook for 2 more minutes. After 2 minutes, check the cheese naan. Cheese naan is now ripe from both the sides. Add some ghee or butter over it.
- The Cheese naan is ready. Serve hot.