Chaulai Ka Saag Recipe is the traditional Indian Cuisine from Uttar Pradesh, usually eaten with makki roti or paranthas. It is a very healthy food, a great source of vitamin A, folate, vitamin c, iron etc. Very good for the growing age group.
Ingredients Of Chaulai Ka Saag
- chaulai-washed and chopped fine – 500 gm
- oil – 1/4 cup
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- bay leaf – 1
- finely chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- finely chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- onions-grated – 1/2 cup
- salt – 2 tsp
- garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- powdered red pepper – 1/2 tsp
- powdered coriander seeds – 1 tsp
How to Make Chaulai Ka Saag Recipe
- Take a pan and heat oil, to this add cumin, when it splutters, add bay leaf, ginger and the garlic, and saute till a light brown.
- Now, add onions and saute till a soft.
- Add chaulai, salt, garam masala, red pepper, coriander powder and cook well, keep stirring well.
- Over medium heat, cook it uncovered, till soft.
Note: Traditional Indian Cuisine can be combined with it with boiled potatoes, paneer, carrots or any vegetable it will taste excellent.