Boorelu (Deep Fried Sweet Dumplings) Recipe is a simple dessert made in Andra during most of the festivals and special occasions. Round balls of deserts are famous in South India
- Channa dal – 200 gm
- Grated coconut – 50 gm
- Cardamom – 5 gm
- Sugar – 200 gm
- For the batter:
- Urad dal – 100 gm
- Rice – 150 gm
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or oil for deep frying
Boorelu (Deep Fried Sweet Dumplings) Recipe Procedure:
- For 2 hours soak the urad dal and rice together and grind them into a fine paste. To make a thick batter add water accordingly.
- Let it ferment overnight. In a cooker cook channa dal with 2 cups of water.
- To this dal add the sugar and coconut on a low flame until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from flame. Add cardamom powder
- Divide the mixture into small balls evenly.
- Now, dip each ball in the batter slowly.
- And deep fry the dumplings until golden
- Serve warm with a cup of Tea.