- Fish (here the chef use a popular fish of the region Bommidala) – 5 slices
- Refined oil – 5-6 Tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Onions, finely sliced – 2
- Split green chillies – 4-5
- A handful of curry leaves
- Tomatoes, chopped – 3-4
- Turmeric – 1 Tbsp
- Red chilli powder (you can use less chilly also) – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Salt or to taste 1-2 tsp
- Tamarind extract – 1 cup
Bommidayila Pulusu Recipe Procedure:
- In a pan heat, some oil to this add some fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- Now add sliced onions. Once the onions soften and turn brown to this add some curry leaves and green chillies.
- To this add the tomatoes.
- Fry nicely and add turmeric and red chilly powder. Mix well.
- Now, add the coriander powder and salt stir well. Add some tamarind extract.
- In low flame let the cook for about a minute or two (till it comes to a boil).
- Now gently add the fish. Let it cook in simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Gently stir if required.
Serve hot to enhance the taste of Non Veg Recipes.