Bharma Tinda Recipe is one of the authentic Veg Recipes of Rajasthan. Always pick apple guard that is firm but not too ripe. The skin should not be too thick as it might not taste good to eat. So follow these tips to make delicious Rajasthani cuisine to pamper yourself with regional cuisines.
- 15 medium sized – Apple gourds,
- 1/4 cup – Mustard oil
Dry Masala For Stuffing
- 1 tsp – Aamchur
- 1/2 tsp – MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp – MTR Dhaniya/Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp – MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp – Fennel seed powder (saunf)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp- Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 cup chopped – Coriander leaves (hara dhania) for garnishing
Bharma Tinda Recipe Method
- The tips of the apple gourds need to be cut off and remove the inner seeds with the help of a spoon and create a pocket to place the stuffing.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients for the dry masala and mix it well.
- Slowly and gently stuff the apple gourds and set aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Once the oil gets heated up, add all the tadka ingredients, when the jeera splutters, add the gourds to the pan and cover.
- Now, reduce the heat and cook on a low flame until the apple gourds are soft and get the flavour of the guard.
- Sprinkle water whenever needed to cook. At the same time to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Gently shift the guard here and there to keep it cooking.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Bharma Tinda Recipe with panchmel ki dal and rotis.