Bhapaa Aloo Veg Recipe is very much Bengali cuisine which is prepared by baby potatoes. This dish will be served on every important occasion. Try this simple but tasty Indian Food Recipe.
- Small potatoes – 200 gm
- Mustard oil – 2 tsp
- Bengali five spice mixture (panchphoron) (whole jeera, saunf seeds, fenugreek seeds, black mustard seeds and kalaunji) – 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Mustard paste – 1/2 Tsp
- Hung curd – 1 tsp
- Desiccated coconut paste 3/4 Tsp
- Pinch of green chilli paste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt – to taste
- Dash of lime juice
- Banana leaves
How to Make Bhapaa Aloo Veg Recipe:
- Clean the potatoes and boil them in salted water.
- In a pan add the five spice mixture, break the red chillies in half and add them.
- Pour this sauce over the potatoes and keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl and prepare a marinade. Add the mustard paste, curd, coconut paste, green chilli paste and turmeric powder, whip it well.
- Gently mix the potatoes into the marinade.
- Now, add the salt and lime juice, mix again very gently so that potatoes do not get past.
- Place all the potatoes on a steel plate and cover with the banana leaves.
- Now steam them for 6-8 minutes. And Serve hot