Bengali Bhetki Macher Paturi Recipe is one of the most famous and delicious traditional Bengali cuisines. You will need little patience to cook. You will enjoy it.
- Bhetki fish, fillets cut into pieces – 4
- Tablespoons Mustard seeds
- Poppy seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh coconut, grated, plus more to garnish – 1/4 cup
- Green Chillies, slit – 7
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1 teaspoon
- Salt, to taste
- Banana leaf, cut into 10*8 rectangles – 1
- Mustard oil – 2 teaspoons
Bengali Bhetki Macher Paturi Recipe Procedure:
- Take a big mixing bowl and add half teaspoon turmeric powder and salt and mix it well.
- In a blender add mustard seeds, poppy seeds and green chillies and make a fine paste by adding a little bit of water.
- In a bowl take the grated coconut and add mustard seeds paste, a bit of salt to taste and remaining turmeric powder and mix.
- Marinate it in the fridge for an hour.
- Now, take off the fish from the fridge and mix with a teaspoon of mustard oil. Mix gently
- Now place fish with masala on the banana leave pieces glossy side up over a plate, rub a little mustard oil on it.
- Fold the banana leaf to make it a square parcel and tie with thread.
- Now place them over a non-stick pan and grease some oil on it.
- Cook on medium heat for 8-9 minutes on each side on a medium heat.
- Serve the freshly prepared steaming hot Bengali Bhetki Macher Paturi Recipe