Belgaum Kunda or belgavi Kunda recipe explained with step by step instructions.
It is arranged using sugar, milk, and curd.
Belgaum Kunda is a very popular sweet recipe from Belgaum. Belgaum is a city in north Karnataka.
It is very delicious dessert food recipe.
I have tasted original kunda from Belgaum many times. But I didn’t know the recipe.
So I started discovering the dessert recipe during my north Karnataka friends. I also did a quick online study.
In the end, I finalized this sweet recipe, which I feel the experience is very similar to the unique Belgaum Kunda recipe.
You can get north Karnataka food recipes here.
When I was pointed for the yummy Kunda recipe, I came across this exciting story.
The discovery of this sweet was quite minor. Once, Jakku Marwadi was boiling milk in his kitchen.
In a hurry, he forgot to switch the stove off and the milk continued boiling for a long time.
Progressively, the milk had taken a solid form by the time Jakku Marwadi came back to switch the stove off.
When he tasted the frozen form of milk, it tasted sweet.
Then, he mixed some khowa into the milk and started boiling it for long hours.
This time the feeling was even better. A happy Marwadi gave the sweet a name is calling it Kunda.
We all enjoyed the delicious homemade Kunda recipe.
Now, I am sharing this tasty dessert recipe with you guys. Do try and give me the feedback.
Ingredients: (measuring cup used = 240ml)
- 1-liter milk
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cardamoms
Instructions for making Belgaum kunda:
- To start with taking milk in a solid bottomed pan and keep it for boiling.
- When it starts boiling reduces the burn to medium and allows it to boil by moving occasionally.
- Keep on boiling until the milk reaches 1/4th of the unique quantity. This took around 20 minutes for me.
- Now add in 1/2 cup of curd and Keep on boiling under average glow.
- Later than few minutes, the milk will start curdling.
- Without delay add in 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Continue boiling under medium fire by exciting occasionally.
- Paralelly takes enduring 1/4 cup of sugar in one more pan and starts heating it without adding any water.
- In 2 – 3 minutes the sugar will start melting.
- At one point sugar melts entirely and caramelizes.
- Now pour this caramelized sugar into the pan which has curdled milk.
- Continue stirring and boiling.
- When the water substance reduces…Reduce the burn.
- Put in cardamom powder.
- Mix until excess water is dried and switch off the stove.
- Do not make it very burnt It will become solid once it is cool.
Watch Belgaum Kunda Sweet Recipe Preparation Video Click Here >> Belgaum Kunda Recipe
Read More Indian Food Recipes login to the masterchefu