Beef patties are an ordinary snack or appetizer served in Goa.
They are glow and crumbling flavored with, charm from the onions in the mince.
Now with frozen puff pastry eagerly available, these can be completed and enjoyed at home.
Melt puff pastry in the fridge and work with it when it is freezing. Revolve it on a lightly floured surface.
The filling should be at room temperature and wet.
If hot with humidity, the puffs will turn moist.
For a good-looking shiny cover, brush puffs with egg clean before baking.
The oven has to be preheated at the right temperature before the puffs can be baked.
Powerful heat from the oven turns the damp in the dough into the mist.
The steam forces the layers of dough to part, rise and puff up before evaporating into the oven.
Filling Ingredients Beef Patties:
- 1/2 kg beef mince
- 1/2 Tps turmeric powder
- 1 Tps chili powder
- 1/2 Tps cumin powder
- 1/2 Tps clove powder
- 1 Tps cinnamon powder
- 1/2 Tps pepper powder
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 2 onions
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tomato
- Few mint and coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup water
Beef Patties Method:
- Heat oil in a saucepan;
- Add onions and fry till light brown.
- Then add garlic, ginger and fry for few seconds.
- The tomato goes in next. Boil till soft and pulpy.
- Put in the spice powders and cook for few seconds before adding up the mince.
- Smash the mince down with the cooking serve and mix well with the spices.
- Just the once the mince changes color, add water.
- Plaster and Bake on medium heat till all the damp has evaporated.
- There should be no water in the filling. Garnish with mint and coriander leaves.
- Set to one side to cool.
- 1 box of Tender flake puff pastry
- 1 egg (lightly beaten for egg wash)
- Preheat range to 400 F or 200 C.
- On a lightly floured outer surface, roll each block of puff pastry into 9” x 9” square.
- Cut this big square into 6 one and the same rectangles.
- Put a serve of filling in each. Brush edges with water, fold and stick by pressing with a fork.
- Place each pastry parcel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the top with egg wash and heat till puffed and brown.
- Serve Beef patties with ketchup.
Bake time varies with the brand, type, size of the stove.
It should get anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes for the pastry to puff and turn golden brown.
Make certain that the stove is preheated at the indicated temperature before insertion.
The muffin pan or else, the pastry won’t puff and will be shuffled.