Beef Fry One of the favorite dish of Kerala. Goes very well with rice and a great touching for alcohol.
- beef (1/2 Kilogram)
- Shallots / Small onion (1 Cup)
- ginger (1 1/2 Tablespoons, Crushed)
- garlic (1 1/2 Tablespoons, Crushed)
- Dried Red Chilly(7)
- coriander Powder (2 Teaspoons)
- turmeric Powder(1/4 Teaspoons)
- pepper Powder(1 Teaspoon)
- garam masala (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- vinegar(2 Teaspoons)
- salt(1/2 tsp)
- Thengakothu (¾ Cup, Small square size coconut pieces)
- coconut oil
- curry leaves(3 sprigs)
Beef Fry Process:
- Grind some dried red chilies. Cut meat into approx 1.5″ cube pieces. clean the beef pieces and marinate with ginger, garlic, coriander, turmeric, pepper,garam masala powder, vinegar. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Now add 2 tbsp of water to this and pressure cook till the beef is done. Usually, it would be done in 2 whistles.Do not let it become overcooked.
- If their extra water, cook till the water has almost absorbed.
- Now take a deep bottom pan and heat oil in a pan and fry coconut pieces until it becomes golden brown color. Take it out and set aside.
- In that same pan add some more oil and add lots of curry leaves and fry it.
- Now add cooked beef and add those fried coconut pieces to it.
- Stir it well, so that all the ingredients mix-up very well. Cook on low flame for about 15 – 20 minutes. If required, add oil in between. Stir it until it becomes dark in color.