The Batata Poha is a healthy breakfast. It has very less oil and has healthy rice flakes. You can always have this healthy poha. It is very easy to make. So let us learn this healthy recipe.
oil – 2 tbsp
mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) – 1/2 tsp
asafoetida (hing) – 1/2 tsp
finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Boiled peeled potato cubes – 1/2 cup
salt to taste
turmeric powder (haldi) – 3/4 tsp
ginger-green chilli paste – 1 tsp
sugar – 1 tbsp
lemon juice – 2 tsp
milk – 1 tbsp
finely chopped coriander (dhania) – 1 tbsp
How to prepare Batata Poha :
- Take a pan and heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. Let it crackle.
- Now add the asafoetida and saute on a medium flame. Let it fry just for a few seconds.
- To this add the onions and fry on a medium flame just to make it opaque.
- Now add the boiled peeled potatoes, 2 tbsp of water, salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stirring occasionally.
- For few seconds place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water. Drain water out.
- Now add the beaten rice, a little salt, ginger-green chilli paste, remaining ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, sugar, lemon juice and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Do not forget to stir occasionally.
- Finally; add the coriander fried peanuts, grated coconut and mix well.
Serve hot garnished with coriander and lemon wedge. You can add anything to make it delicious like sev, fried corn flacks, pomegranate seeds, etc. Let us know how Batata Poha tastes. To try all the Gujarati cuisines, Indian cuisines and international cuisines login to Masterchefu.