The Baklava is a Geek recipe. It’s an amazingly delicious recipe, a must try an international recipe.
- phyllo dough (1,16 ounce, package)
- chopped nuts
- butter (1 cup )
- ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- water (1 cup )
- white sugar (1 cup )
- vanilla extract (1 teaspoon )
- honey (1/2 cup )
- Preheat the oven you are using to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Brush butter on the bottoms and sides of a rectangular pan.
- Now roughly chop nuts and mix with grounded cinnamon. Set aside. Time for unrolls the phyllo dough. Cut the whole stack in half to fit pan. Cover phyllo with a wet cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Now place two sheets of dough in the buttered pan, and again butter thoroughly. Repeat the process until you have 8 sheets layered. Now add 2 – 3 tablespoons of the chopped nut- a cinnamon mixture from the top. Next top it with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer of the entire thing must be about 6 – 8 sheets deep.
- Take a sharp knife and cut into diamond or square shapes all the way till the bottom of the pan. You may cut your way also. Bake this layered thing for about 50 minutes until baklava becomes golden and crisp.
- Prepare the sauce while baklava is baking. Boil the sugar and water together until sugar is melted properly. Now add vanilla and honey. Keep it in lower flame for about 20 minutes.
- Time to Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon the sauce over it spread evenly. Let it cool. Serve with cupcake papers. Keep it uncovered as it gets soggy if you cover it.