Healthy Bengali Food Recipes:
For those who thinking Bengali cuisine food could never be healthy.
we prepared a Healthy Bengali baked bitter gourd chips.
Here is one recipe mentioned in the snack preparation.
Baked Bitter Gourd Recipe:
A lot of Bengalis love karela. In order to make it in good health.
Then try to make its baked bitter gourd chips with a paneer rich in it.
Here is the snack recipe.
Ingredients for bitter gourd:
- 6 average bitter gourd/karela
- 1 cup of hung curd/ scrambled paneer
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp olive oil
Method of Bengali bitter gourd chips:
- Wash the bitter gourd, split along and remove the seeds. Do again the same for all the bitter gourd, place in a bowl.
- Add salt over and below the bitter gourd and keep it away for about 30-60 min.
- Take a deep mixing bowl and add hung curd, all the spices (chili, cumin, turmeric, coriander powder) and salt to taste. Stir it well.
- Preheat oven to 400 F or you can use a toaster oven which does not need preheating.
- In a baking sheet, place aluminum halt.
- Now, stuff and apply the bitter gourd with hung curd and spice mixture and place them on the foil and brush some olive oil.
- Cover the ends (all four sides of the foil) and make a compact and bake it for about 30 min.
- In a little bowl, mix 1 tsp water and tamarind paste (you can also use tamarind extract, which would be semi-liquid).
- Now open the aluminum foil pocket and spot this tamarind water over the top of the bitter gourd and again close the pocket as earlier and then bake it again for about 10 min or until it’s cooked well.
- Serve this with steamed rice as a side dish or even with rotis as a dry sabzi.